Jul 14th, 15
During the summertime we put our hair through so much. We spend countless hours in the sun, salt water, chlorine water, and oftentimes in dry, desert heat. For me, I want to make sure my hair doesn’t suffer during my favorite time of year. I love going to Sally Beauty and stocking up on my favorite hair care essentials. I want to make sure my hair looks as pretty as possible, before, during, and after a beach day!
I was so excited to learn about the Hair Chemist Bamboo Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner from one of the girls at Sally Beauty. She told me that it’sgood at repairing and strengthening dry, damaged or frizzy hair. My hair isn’t necessarily frizzy but it definitely gets dry during the summertime, so I was curious! I was so happy to find out that the combo of the shampoo and conditioner made my hair much more manageable. As a plus it also adds some shine! I love how healthy my hair has been feeling because of adding these two products to my hair routine.
Another new product that I started incorporating into my hair routine this summer is the Zotos Professional 180PRO Miracle Repair Damage Eliminator Treatment. It’s a leave-in treatment that repairs up to 2 years of hair abuse and also safeguards stands against future damage. Since I use a lot of heat on my hair, I was looking for something that would help reverse damage, as well as protect it. I apply the product to damp hair, comb through, and then style as normal. I love how it doesn’t leave my hair sticky; it blends in really well and makes my hair feel so much healthier!
I’m so excited to have found some new products at Sally Beauty to help my hair stay healthy and strong this summer!
If your hair is in need of some extra TLC during the summer months check out Sally Beauty’s Solution Guide! It’s such a great resource for products to help heal and strengthen your hair!
Jul 14th, 15
Frizz occurs when dry, pours hair soaks up moisture from humid air. Beat this burden by preventing your hair from acting like a sponge — apply a hydrating product.
1. Choose a gentle sulfate-free shampoo that replenishes keratin protein. Ion Keratin Smoothing Shampoo is a great at adding strength and lost moisture for smoother, more manageable hair.
2. Apply a frizz fighting styling serum on damp hair before you style it to add moisture and tame those unruly strands. One ‘n Only Island Essentials Awapuhi Styling Serum is super lightweight so it won’t look greasy, and smells delicious. Rub a small drop between fingers and run over your hair once it’s dry to add extra glossiness.
3. Sealing the cuticle is essential for locking in moisture and keeping frizz at bay. The Zotos Professional 180PRO Total Tamer Foaming Smoother features groundbreaking technology that instantly adds a touch of hold and creates long-lasting smoothness for straight blow outs or soft, bouncy curls.
4. Humidity causes the frizzies like no other, so you’ll want to protect and set your style with a weather-resistant hairspray like the one from Clairol Professional iThrive. It’s designed to block out moisture from the air, while keeping your hair looking and feeling silky
Jul 13th, 15
Very few people have limp hair on their beauty wish list – but many still battle a lack of va-va-va-volume. Add products to your regimen that boost your ‘do without weighing down.
1. A teasing spray like the Power Lift from BTZ can help your hair reach new heights as well as set your style with its multiple uses. Spray it at the roots of dry hair for a boost, lock in your teased style by applying it before and/or teasing, or use it as a final setting spray to create texture and lift.
2. Designed to be used before blow drying, apply a mousse-like booster like Rock Your Hair Size Matters to damp roots, comb through and then dry and style per usual. You’ll be rocking bigger, fuller hair in no time.
3. The Ion Thickening Styler adds all-over thickness and volume with flexible control. Work a dollop through damp hair before drying, and get ready to see amazing body.
Jul 8th, 15
With the summer heat coming in hot, our makeup bag calls for a summer makeover. From a beach day to everyday wear, these 5 products will help you get set for summer and transition into the perfect summer look.
Femme Couture Get Corrected CC Tinted Moisturizer Fawn: Blemishes and blotchy skin don’t vanish in the hot weather, but the wrong concealer, foundation and powder definitely can. This lightweight tinted moisturizer works great on normal to dry skin, instantly camouflages imperfections to create a flawless natural look while also keeping your skin hydrated throughout the summer. Trust me – your skin will thank you!
Femme Couture Color Made Easy Shadow Effects Blush/Bronzer Pink Glow: Instead of sticking to your dark matte blush, this summer try Femme Couture’s perfect combination of a bronzer, highlighter and blush. These 4 shades work together to illuminate your skin and create an effortless summer glow.
Femme Couture Shimmer Stick Champagne Glow: Transform your dark smoky eyes into soft and sparkling with this versatile eye shadow stick that can be used as an all-over eye shadow color or liner. Its smudge proof formula makes it ideal for all day wear and traveling days!
Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm Cotton Candy: Switch out the heavy dark lips for this long-lasting color lip balm. Palladio’s tinted lip balm is one of my personal favorites this summer because not only does it offer great long-lasting summer colors, but also because it is enriched with UV filters that protect the lips while also moisturizing and adding a pop of color!
Palladio Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner: Black will always be a classic color, but this summer make a colorful statement with this Ocean Blue Waterproof Eyeliner. It is easy to apply, has “no smudge” formula, and it’s waterproof making it perfect for the pool or beach days
Jul 6th, 15
Create bold, intense color in a few easy steps with Perfect Intensity. Keep scrolling to see how!
Hair must be pre-lightened to achieve the best results. Use the One ‘n Only Powder Lightener, and mix lightener with One ‘n Only 20 volume Cream Developer until a creamy consistency is achieved. To create an allover lighter result, apply lightener to hair, keeping it off the scalp. For accent pieces, apply the mixture to those sections and wrap with foil. Follow all instructions included with the package, and process to the pre-lightened 2-yellow stage (check progress often!).
Rinse, shampoo and condition. Dry hair completely.
Apply the One ‘n Only Argan Oil Perfect Intensity Electric Teal to the pre-lightened pieces of hair, or all over if that is the look you’re wanting to achieve. Use the Argan Oil Stain Remover to remove any excess color from the hairline or around the ear and neck area. Process color up to 30 minutes for maximum vibrancy and depth. Test a small strand of hair every 5 minutes until desired color is achieved.
Rinse, condition and style.