Actual aging hair is unavoidable, but visibly aging hair can be escaped if you know what to use on it. Pick products that target Father Time’s most fervent offenders – dry, brittle, dull strands.
1. Start with a shampoo that is gentle, will replenish moisture and most importantly – protect your hair for environmental stressors. Ion Youth Restore Renewing Shampoo has a special formulation of ingredients that are designed to help boost and maintain hydration, shine, strength, softness, body and color vibrancy.
2. Add a weekly deep conditioning treatment like the Ion Youth Restore Weekly Renewing Masque to your routine to revive your hair and keep it young, plump, and fresh. For those who color it will help hair stay vibrant, as well as make tresses super soft.
3. If you have damage from heat styling and/or having chemical processes done on your hair, then try the classic Roux 233 Treatment & Shine. Its leave-in formula treats the outer cuticle layer and internal structure of the hair, helping to protect and leaving hair healthy with beautiful shine.
Sally Beauty makes it easier to love your hair by offering solutions to embrace texture, restore youth, extend color, add volume, and fight frizzy hair and repair damage. You all know I love to add volume so it should come as no surprise that I’m going to share my favorite products for volume and a treatment that I just can’t live without. For more great hair solutions make sure to check out the Sally Beauty Solution Guide.
The Miracle 7 Hair Care products definitely deliver on their name. I like to triple team my hair with their products so that I can get uber amounts of volume.
I start with the Miracle 7 Volumizing Shampoo, one of the best parts about this shampoo is that it’s sulfate free so I don’t need to worry about it stripping my hair color. It adds volume direct to my root, even if I use it alone I see a significant difference in volume. It’s infused with powerful antioxidants to deliver hair that is noticeably voluminous and silk. My hair feels super moisturized after using it, so much so that I skip conditioning in the shower. I go straight for my Miracle 7 Lite Leave-In Mist. Conditioner sometimes weighs my hair and counteracts any volume that I might have naturally so skipping it is fine with me, I just spritz in the leave-in spray and I’m good to go, my hair still feels moisturized and healthy. I also reach for my Miracle 7 Blowdry Volumizer, it lifts my hair directly at the root and provides the illusion of thicker hair. I spray this on my hair when it’s about 60% dry and then blow dry. It adds shine and volume leaving me super excited.
When I wake up, I spritz some of my Beyond the Zone Power Lift Teasing Spray and let my hair fall naturally for about 15 minutes after I remove the rollers, then I just comb my fingers through and I am good to go.
Getting voluminous, healthy looking and shiny hair wouldn’t be possible without giving my hair some extra TLC. I have been using and loving the Beyond The Zone Split Mender. With color treated hair I find that I tend to get more noticeable split ends in between trims, this treatment helps soothe them giving me healthy and shiny looking hair.
Your natural hair needs some TLC and we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re tightly coiled or lightly curled, your natural hair has very specific needs that require hard-working products that don’t mess around.
2. A leave-in conditioner should be applied after every shampoo, and worked through the hair before combing and styling. The Marula Nature Marula Oil Leave-in Conditioner will help strengthen and define coils, without weighing them down or leaving them feeling stiff.
3. The As I Am Coconut CoWash is a total customer favorite and for good reason. This light no-suds conditioning cream gently spreads easily throughout your hair and removes residue, including all of the things you’ve used to style and maintain your coils and curls.
During the summertime we put our hair through so much. We spend countless hours in the sun, salt water, chlorine water, and oftentimes in dry, desert heat. For me, I want to make sure my hair doesn’t suffer during my favorite time of year. I love going to Sally Beauty and stocking up on my favorite hair care essentials. I want to make sure my hair looks as pretty as possible, before, during, and after a beach day!
I was so excited to learn about the Hair Chemist Bamboo Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner from one of the girls at Sally Beauty. She told me that it’sgood at repairing and strengthening dry, damaged or frizzy hair. My hair isn’t necessarily frizzy but it definitely gets dry during the summertime, so I was curious! I was so happy to find out that the combo of the shampoo and conditioner made my hair much more manageable. As a plus it also adds some shine! I love how healthy my hair has been feeling because of adding these two products to my hair routine.
Another new product that I started incorporating into my hair routine this summer is the Zotos Professional 180PRO Miracle Repair Damage Eliminator Treatment. It’s a leave-in treatment that repairs up to 2 years of hair abuse and also safeguards stands against future damage. Since I use a lot of heat on my hair, I was looking for something that would help reverse damage, as well as protect it. I apply the product to damp hair, comb through, and then style as normal. I love how it doesn’t leave my hair sticky; it blends in really well and makes my hair feel so much healthier!
I’m so excited to have found some new products at Sally Beauty to help my hair stay healthy and strong this summer!
If your hair is in need of some extra TLC during the summer months check out Sally Beauty’s Solution Guide! It’s such a great resource for products to help heal and strengthen your hair!
Frizz occurs when dry, pours hair soaks up moisture from humid air. Beat this burden by preventing your hair from acting like a sponge — apply a hydrating product.
1. Choose a gentle sulfate-free shampoo that replenishes keratin protein. Ion Keratin Smoothing Shampoo is a great at adding strength and lost moisture for smoother, more manageable hair.
2. Apply a frizz fighting styling serum on damp hair before you style it to add moisture and tame those unruly strands. One ‘n Only Island Essentials Awapuhi Styling Serum is super lightweight so it won’t look greasy, and smells delicious. Rub a small drop between fingers and run over your hair once it’s dry to add extra glossiness.
3. Sealing the cuticle is essential for locking in moisture and keeping frizz at bay. The Zotos Professional 180PRO Total Tamer Foaming Smoother features groundbreaking technology that instantly adds a touch of hold and creates long-lasting smoothness for straight blow outs or soft, bouncy curls.
4. Humidity causes the frizzies like no other, so you’ll want to protect and set your style with a weather-resistant hairspray like the one from Clairol Professional iThrive. It’s designed to block out moisture from the air, while keeping your hair looking and feeling silky