Jul 30th, 15
You’re pretty smitten with your fab new color. We can help you lengthen the life of your freshly-hued locks with products specifically designed to extend your color.
1. Lock in color by sealing the cuticle, and add gorgeous shine with the Ion Color Defense After Color Sealer. Use it immediately after coloring your hair, and then follow up with it 1 to 2 times weekly as needed for extra moisture.
2. Care for your tresses by using a line of products that don’t contain sulfates and are designed specifically to protect your shade. We love that the iThrive by Clairol Professional Color Vibrancy line works to keep color bright and beautiful, while adding shine and manageability.
3. Even with the best color care products, fading does happen but you can fight it by lengthening the time between washes. A color safe dry shampoo will be your best friend, and as a bonus it will save you tons of time in the morning. Our favorite? The Biotera Ultra Color Care Dry Shampoo.
Jul 8th, 15
With the summer heat coming in hot, our makeup bag calls for a summer makeover. From a beach day to everyday wear, these 5 products will help you get set for summer and transition into the perfect summer look.
Femme Couture Get Corrected CC Tinted Moisturizer Fawn: Blemishes and blotchy skin don’t vanish in the hot weather, but the wrong concealer, foundation and powder definitely can. This lightweight tinted moisturizer works great on normal to dry skin, instantly camouflages imperfections to create a flawless natural look while also keeping your skin hydrated throughout the summer. Trust me – your skin will thank you!
Femme Couture Color Made Easy Shadow Effects Blush/Bronzer Pink Glow: Instead of sticking to your dark matte blush, this summer try Femme Couture’s perfect combination of a bronzer, highlighter and blush. These 4 shades work together to illuminate your skin and create an effortless summer glow.
Femme Couture Shimmer Stick Champagne Glow: Transform your dark smoky eyes into soft and sparkling with this versatile eye shadow stick that can be used as an all-over eye shadow color or liner. Its smudge proof formula makes it ideal for all day wear and traveling days!
Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm Cotton Candy: Switch out the heavy dark lips for this long-lasting color lip balm. Palladio’s tinted lip balm is one of my personal favorites this summer because not only does it offer great long-lasting summer colors, but also because it is enriched with UV filters that protect the lips while also moisturizing and adding a pop of color!
Palladio Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner: Black will always be a classic color, but this summer make a colorful statement with this Ocean Blue Waterproof Eyeliner. It is easy to apply, has “no smudge” formula, and it’s waterproof making it perfect for the pool or beach days
Jul 6th, 15
Create bold, intense color in a few easy steps with Perfect Intensity. Keep scrolling to see how!
Hair must be pre-lightened to achieve the best results. Use the One ‘n Only Powder Lightener, and mix lightener with One ‘n Only 20 volume Cream Developer until a creamy consistency is achieved. To create an allover lighter result, apply lightener to hair, keeping it off the scalp. For accent pieces, apply the mixture to those sections and wrap with foil. Follow all instructions included with the package, and process to the pre-lightened 2-yellow stage (check progress often!).
Rinse, shampoo and condition. Dry hair completely.
Apply the One ‘n Only Argan Oil Perfect Intensity Electric Teal to the pre-lightened pieces of hair, or all over if that is the look you’re wanting to achieve. Use the Argan Oil Stain Remover to remove any excess color from the hairline or around the ear and neck area. Process color up to 30 minutes for maximum vibrancy and depth. Test a small strand of hair every 5 minutes until desired color is achieved.
Rinse, condition and style.
Jun 25th, 15
The secret to getting bright and beautiful color is all about the prep step and layering products. Keep scrolling to see our favorite tips to make your color POP!
1. Neon nail polish can be tricky to work with, and it’s so disappointing when it’s not as bright on the nail as it is on in the bottle. The solution? Start with a base of white nail polish BEFORE you apply the neon color. It will make the finish smooth, opaque and super bright.
2. Wanting to make a statement with your shadow? Dip your brush into water before you swirl it on the palette. Applying your shadow when it’s wet will make it vibrant. Try this trick with baked eye shadow for really impressive results.
3. To make your colorful eyeliner stand out, first line your eyes with white eyeliner and then add your final shade on top of that base.
4. Instagram is full of trendsetters with crazy and fun rainbow-colored hair, and they all get their color that bright by pre-lightening to the level specified on the box. This will give your hair shaft more grip so the color stays put, and gives you true-to-the-package contemporary color
Share your favorite colorful looks with #SallySummer for a chance to be featured on one of the Sally Beauty social networks!
Jun 11th, 15
1. Divide hair in to four manageable sections, and secure with clips.
2. To allow for a more natural-looking ombre effect, heavily backcomb hair from mid-shaft to the ends.
3. Place a foil underneath a 1” piece of hair from the first section. Using the ombre applicator brush, apply Blond Brilliance Hair Lightener from mid-shaft to the ends. Place a second foil over and secure it with a clip. Repeat this process through all four sections of hair. Once desired level of lift/lightening (check the progress often!) has been achieved, rinse, shampoo and dry.
4. Apply Ion Color Brilliance Brights in Radiant Orchid to pre-lightened sections of hair, using a tint brush. Allow Brights to process for 20-40 minutes, until desired level of intensity is reached. The longer the color sits, the more vibrant the end result will be. Rinse and cleanse using a color safe shampoo. Follow with Ion After Color Treatment to close the cuticle and lock in color.