Aug 14th, 15
Style.com has declared pink THE hottest hair color of the summer, and we couldn’t agree more. Celebs and trendsetters are rocking rose-hued locks in different variations like pale icy pink, fuchsia, and deep cranberry.
Try creating your own #ColorCocktail (and tag them on Instagram!) by mixing different shades to find a look that is uniquely you. The sky’s the limit so don’t be scared to experiment.
To take your contemporary color to the next level, mix two different Cocktails – one that has more of the lighter shade like Flamingo, and one that contains a deeper concentration of a color like Hottie Pink. Apply the darker mixture near the roots, blending with the light shade through to the ends. This will create a lot of depth, and looks super fabulous.
Pink not your thing? Try these other popular Color Cocktails:
Cantaloupe + Red
Shark Blue + Purple
Fuchsia + Aqua
Lavender + Mint
Blood Orange + Red
Lavender + Sky Blue
Aug 7th, 15
Congrats to designer Ashley on winning episode one of Project Runway. We’re loving her pastel colored hair. Want to try it? Be your own stylist by following these few simple steps:
1. Pre-lighten hair using Ion Color Brilliance Creme Lightener mixed with 20 volume developer until it reaches a pale yellow color (a level 9 or 10). Keep checking your hair continuously as it processes, because all hair will lighten at different speeds. Be sure to follow all the directions included with the package!
2. Apply Ion Color Brilliance Brights in Lavender using a tint brush, and let it process for 20-40 minutes until it reaches the vibrancy you’re looking for. Ion Brights hair color can be mixed with a clear shade dilutor if you want it to be super pastel.
3. Keep your color looking icy with a special purple shampoo like Ion Cool Blonde. It tones down any pesky yellow shades, and helps prolong the life of your lavender locks.
Tune in every Thursday at 9/8c on Lifetime to see fresh, inspiring looks.
Jul 30th, 15
You’re pretty smitten with your fab new color. We can help you lengthen the life of your freshly-hued locks with products specifically designed to extend your color.
1. Lock in color by sealing the cuticle, and add gorgeous shine with the Ion Color Defense After Color Sealer. Use it immediately after coloring your hair, and then follow up with it 1 to 2 times weekly as needed for extra moisture.
2. Care for your tresses by using a line of products that don’t contain sulfates and are designed specifically to protect your shade. We love that the iThrive by Clairol Professional Color Vibrancy line works to keep color bright and beautiful, while adding shine and manageability.
3. Even with the best color care products, fading does happen but you can fight it by lengthening the time between washes. A color safe dry shampoo will be your best friend, and as a bonus it will save you tons of time in the morning. Our favorite? The Biotera Ultra Color Care Dry Shampoo.
Jul 8th, 15
With the summer heat coming in hot, our makeup bag calls for a summer makeover. From a beach day to everyday wear, these 5 products will help you get set for summer and transition into the perfect summer look.
Femme Couture Get Corrected CC Tinted Moisturizer Fawn: Blemishes and blotchy skin don’t vanish in the hot weather, but the wrong concealer, foundation and powder definitely can. This lightweight tinted moisturizer works great on normal to dry skin, instantly camouflages imperfections to create a flawless natural look while also keeping your skin hydrated throughout the summer. Trust me – your skin will thank you!
Femme Couture Color Made Easy Shadow Effects Blush/Bronzer Pink Glow: Instead of sticking to your dark matte blush, this summer try Femme Couture’s perfect combination of a bronzer, highlighter and blush. These 4 shades work together to illuminate your skin and create an effortless summer glow.
Femme Couture Shimmer Stick Champagne Glow: Transform your dark smoky eyes into soft and sparkling with this versatile eye shadow stick that can be used as an all-over eye shadow color or liner. Its smudge proof formula makes it ideal for all day wear and traveling days!
Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm Cotton Candy: Switch out the heavy dark lips for this long-lasting color lip balm. Palladio’s tinted lip balm is one of my personal favorites this summer because not only does it offer great long-lasting summer colors, but also because it is enriched with UV filters that protect the lips while also moisturizing and adding a pop of color!
Palladio Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner: Black will always be a classic color, but this summer make a colorful statement with this Ocean Blue Waterproof Eyeliner. It is easy to apply, has “no smudge” formula, and it’s waterproof making it perfect for the pool or beach days
Jul 6th, 15
Create bold, intense color in a few easy steps with Perfect Intensity. Keep scrolling to see how!
Hair must be pre-lightened to achieve the best results. Use the One ‘n Only Powder Lightener, and mix lightener with One ‘n Only 20 volume Cream Developer until a creamy consistency is achieved. To create an allover lighter result, apply lightener to hair, keeping it off the scalp. For accent pieces, apply the mixture to those sections and wrap with foil. Follow all instructions included with the package, and process to the pre-lightened 2-yellow stage (check progress often!).
Rinse, shampoo and condition. Dry hair completely.
Apply the One ‘n Only Argan Oil Perfect Intensity Electric Teal to the pre-lightened pieces of hair, or all over if that is the look you’re wanting to achieve. Use the Argan Oil Stain Remover to remove any excess color from the hairline or around the ear and neck area. Process color up to 30 minutes for maximum vibrancy and depth. Test a small strand of hair every 5 minutes until desired color is achieved.
Rinse, condition and style.