The moment I pack away my swimsuits for the upcoming cooler weather, I immediately start thinking about how I can update my look. My hair gets light in the summer from the sun and chlorine, and I like how my dark hair contrasts with my no longer sun-kissed skin.
This fall shades of purple are super hot, and I think I’ve found the winner in my search for new color in this Provocative Plum technique. It’s a fun way to update your look for the new season, and I like how it’s edgy but still subtle.
For this color process, you will use two different formulas – one to highlight and one to apply for all over color.
Here’s the breakdown:
Formula One: AGEbeautiful Crème Lightener and AGEbeautiful 20 Volume Developer
Formula Two: 2 oz. AGEbeautiful 4V Dark Plum Brown Permanent Hair Color mixed with 2 oz. AGEbeautiful 10 Volume Developer
- Select 1/4″ or smaller pieces that you want to brighten and apply Formula One to the mid-lengths and ends
to create highlights, covering each piece with foil. We recommend around the face, bangs, and top of the crown.
- Once the last piece is complete, allow it to process for 25 minutes.
- Rinse Formula One completely and towel dry your hair.
- Apply Formula Two to your entire head and process for 30 minutes.
- Rinse, shampoo, and condition.