Summer is almost upon us so it’s a perfect time to get that fresh faced glow that makes you look like you just got back from the beach. Try these and it’s guaranteed you’ll be asked where you spent your weekend, even if you spent it bingeing on Netflix.
All the makeup in the world won’t give you a glow if your skin isn’t in good shape. Products with Retinol speed up exfoliation, revealing fresh and beautiful skin, while helping with wrinkles.
For a soft, subtle glow use Get a Glow powder all over.
3. Complexion Enhancer
To create fabulous and defined cheekbones use Get Radiant. It only takes a pea-sized amount – a little bit goes along way! Dot the product along the cheekbones blending up and outward to accentuate this area. For added drama, you can blend it on the bridge of the nose and just above the upper lip.
Femme Couture has perfect choices of Baked Mineral Bronzer for any skin tone. To create the most natural, sun-kissed glow apply under the cheekbones, along the forehead, down the nose and along the jawline.
4. Lip Gloss
Finish off the beach look with Lip Luster lip gloss. Choosing a natural, yet high-sparkle shade will highlight your lips while looking as if you barely have anything on. My favorite is Smooth Coral. It’s a perfect universal shade and looks great on anyone.
I’ve got the blues this season and there’s nothing sad about that. Aquas, royal blues, turquoise, navy…they’re so gorgeous, so trendy, and oh so flattering.
Pops of blue have been making their way into just about every outfit as well as my nails, but I have had a hard time working it into my makeup routine without looking like I raided my sister’s 1980s Caboodle.
It took some experimenting, but I found a few fabulous ways to rock this hot hue. The key is to go super subtle or REALLY BIG. I’m talking a dash of blue eyeliner, OR a full-blown blue smokey eye. Anything in between falls into retro-in-not-a-good-way territory.
Here are a few things you can try at home:
My favorite thing to do is to update my normal cat eye with an aquamarine liquid liner. It’s so unexpected and fresh. You can also line your lower water line for a different take on this look. Just be sure to use a gel eyeliner to keep it from running.
I was talking with a coworker the other day and I kept staring at her, wondering what was different. Her eyes looked super bright and pretty, but I couldn’t put my finger on what it was. Her secret? Blue mascara.
Switch out the usual grays and let blue be the star of a smokey eye. I like this palette since it takes out the guesswork and tells me exactly what shade to use where.
Dab a shimmery turquoise in the corners of your eye for a nice pop.
1. Apply 1-2 coats of FingerPaints Paper Mache. Paint just inside the nail edge so no white peeks out after, and wait for polish to fully dry. Cut 4 pieces of nail striping tape, per nail, and apply over dry polish in a star pattern. Protect skin around nail with lip balm for easy cleanup.
2. Dampen a makeup sponge, squeeze out excess water, and paint rainbow stripes using FingerPaints Far Out Fuchsia, Tie Dye Tangerine, Yellow Out Man, Peace, Love & Green, and Be Hippy. Use the thin side of the brush to make sure your stripes aren’t too wide.
3. Press the sponge onto the nail, with the stripes at an angle.
4. Let polish dry a couple minutes, then repeat step 3 & 4 until desired color saturation is acheived.
5. Remove striping tape with tweezers, clean up skin with an angled brush dipped in remover. Seal with top coat. Seche Vite is ideal because it doesn’t smudge nail art.