Jun 29th, 15
Step 1: Paint two coats of FingerPaints in Chromatic Creation, and let completely dry.
Step 2: Apply tape along a diagonal, blocking off a small section at the bed of the nail. Paint with FingerPaints in Paper Maiche, and quickly remove the tape. Allow to dry before moving on to Step 3.
Step 3: Going the opposite direction, tape off a small section at the bed of the nail and paint with FingerPaints in Black Expressionism. Remove the tape and seal with a top coat.
Jun 29th, 15
Your mane needs some serious hydrating and repair. Go for products that blast your strands with massive moistures and start you on the road to tress recovery. See some of our top picks for dry and damaged hair, and visit our Solutions Guide to find even more recommendations.
1. For cleansing, pick a product that is gentle on your fragile tresses and adds much-needed moisture. A product like Biotera PRO Series Damage Care Shampoo can help hair become up to 2X more resistant to breakage when used with the whole system.
2. Before combing through wet hair, always spray on a bit of leave-in conditioner like Ion Miracle Leave-In Conditioner. It will help detangle locks, prevent breakage and protect during heat styling.
3. A few times a week treat hair to a deep treatment while in the shower, or by sleeping with it on overnight (Use a shower cap!).
4. Suffering from SUPER damaged hair? Time to bust out the big guns.
Jun 29th, 15
It is 2015 ladies, and bold brows are taking over the streets of the beauty and fashion world. Thick, thin, narrow or wide – whatever you have, wear them proud!
If you are anything like me, I can’t trust just anyone with my eyebrows. Too many times have they been stripped of their full Italian glory into a thin pencil line….no thank you!
The trick is to find the perfect brow for your particular face shape. Every shape has a correlating eyebrow that complements your face structure best. After finding a great brow guide on Pinterest, I was able to structure my eyebrows to better frame my face, and still keep my beloved thickness.
But don’t stop there! Along with everyday maintenance, the real brow magic happens when you use product to fill in and define your shape. Think of it like the icing on the cake. Whether it be brow powder, brow gel, brow pencil or brow pomade, the right product can make all the difference. See below for suggested maintenance and product for your type:
If eyebrows have never been your thing, it is not too late! Jump on the beauty trend now and start working your brows.
Jun 25th, 15
The secret to getting bright and beautiful color is all about the prep step and layering products. Keep scrolling to see our favorite tips to make your color POP!
1. Neon nail polish can be tricky to work with, and it’s so disappointing when it’s not as bright on the nail as it is on in the bottle. The solution? Start with a base of white nail polish BEFORE you apply the neon color. It will make the finish smooth, opaque and super bright.
2. Wanting to make a statement with your shadow? Dip your brush into water before you swirl it on the palette. Applying your shadow when it’s wet will make it vibrant. Try this trick with baked eye shadow for really impressive results.
3. To make your colorful eyeliner stand out, first line your eyes with white eyeliner and then add your final shade on top of that base.
4. Instagram is full of trendsetters with crazy and fun rainbow-colored hair, and they all get their color that bright by pre-lightening to the level specified on the box. This will give your hair shaft more grip so the color stays put, and gives you true-to-the-package contemporary color
Share your favorite colorful looks with #SallySummer for a chance to be featured on one of the Sally Beauty social networks!