Aug 20th, 14
The moment I pack away my swimsuits for the upcoming cooler weather, I immediately start thinking about how I can update my look. My hair gets light in the summer from the sun and chlorine, and I like how my dark hair contrasts with my no longer sun-kissed skin.
This fall shades of purple are super hot, and I think I’ve found the winner in my search for new color in this Provocative Plum technique. It’s a fun way to update your look for the new season, and I like how it’s edgy but still subtle.
For this color process, you will use two different formulas – one to highlight and one to apply for all over color.
Here’s the breakdown:
Formula One: AGEbeautiful Crème Lightener and AGEbeautiful 20 Volume Developer
Formula Two: 2 oz. AGEbeautiful 4V Dark Plum Brown Permanent Hair Color mixed with 2 oz. AGEbeautiful 10 Volume Developer
- Select 1/4″ or smaller pieces that you want to brighten and apply Formula One to the mid-lengths and ends
to create highlights, covering each piece with foil. We recommend around the face, bangs, and top of the crown.
- Once the last piece is complete, allow it to process for 25 minutes.
- Rinse Formula One completely and towel dry your hair.
- Apply Formula Two to your entire head and process for 30 minutes.
- Rinse, shampoo, and condition.
Aug 15th, 14
Femme Couture is our exclusive cosmetic line and they’ve just release 44 new items! Their high-quality, advanced formulas along with professional make-up artist tools offer infinite combinations with professional results. This model’s look is easily obtainable with the 5 products below!
Get The Look
1. Get Primed face primer
2. Get Radiant complexion enhancer
3. Color-Made-Easy Smoked Forest eye shadow
4. Fake Lash Blackest Black mascara
5. Primeware Diamond Color Cosmic Cherry lipstick
Aug 12th, 14
Bobby pins first became widely used in the 1920′s (then called bobbing pins) to hold the new bobbed hairstyles of the time. Since then, they have become one of the most common hair accessories – a staple for any woman.
These days, the classic accessory may be used as the focus of a hairstyle, rather than hiding away, secretly holding hair in place. Here are some of our favorite ways to pile them up, use our super fun colorful pins and other new twists for this classic accessory.
The Half-up Triangle
HOW TO :
1. Pull half of your hair back in two sections and hold with the side of your hand.
2. Place one bobby pin in horizontally where your hair overlaps, then place one at an angle to hold the side in place.
3. Repeat angled pin placement on opposite side to hold in place and complete the look.
Pro Tip: You have to have thick hair to pull off this look!
Add Color To Your Braid
HOW TO :
1. Create a braid.
2. Place bobby pins where you have bumps or short hairs sticking out.
If you are lucky enough to have a perfect braid with no escapee hair or accidental bumps – go to town placing pins at your will for a fun color accent.
Pro Tip: A great way to hold back shorter layers!
Chevron Pull Back
HOW TO :
1. Insert one bobby pin at an angle then place another other pin through the hoop at the end creating a secure “V”.
2. Repeat the steps at least three times to create a chevron design.
Pro Tip: This design looks great with hair pulled back in a low pony tail or bun. Also a great trick to secure long bangs from face!
Happy bobby pinning,
Aug 1st, 14
Pin to Win a $45 Sally Beauty Gift Card and a Bohemian Tote
This month we’re going boho! In August you’ll receive a free* bohemian tote with any $45 purchase. We want to make sure you get your hands on one of these stylish bags, so you have your chance to win in our Pin It to Win It contest.
All you have to do is pick out $45 worth of product from SallyBeauty.com you love or would like to try. Follow the steps below and make sure to send us your Pinterest board by August 29.
Five winners will be chosen by September 1 and notified by email.
How to Enter:
1. Follow Sally Beauty on Pinterest
2. Create a new board and name it “Sally Beauty Boho”
3. Repin the contest image
4. Add $45 worth of products from SallyBeauty.com
5. Email your board to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 29
Terms and conditions apply
See what your favorite beauty bloggers picked to receive their bohemian tote
We’ve teamed up with 15 Minute Beauty, Beauty Bets, Maskcara, Pretty Shiny Sparkly and Whoorl and sent them on shopping trips. Click here to see what they purchased!
Jul 31st, 14
My summer makeup routine has consisted of a bit of BB Cream, bronzer and a hint of lip tint – it’s amazing how a little tan goes a long way. I do love the ease of a fresh summer face but with fall around the corner, I’m ready to change it up a bit. Which is why I was pretty excited to see all the new goodies from Femme Couture.
I’ve never been terribly good at mixing and matching shades of eye shadow, so the Femme Couture Color Made Easy is right up my alley. Nine color palettes to choose from with a shade for the lid, a shade to contour and a shade to highlight. It’s seriously the Cliff Notes of cosmetics. The same goes for the Color Made Easy Bronzer/Blush. It’s the perfect amount of shimmery bronze and a hint of color.
If a cream shadow is more your style, there is the Moon Glow Shimmer Shadow. This shadow has four color duos and a creamy consistency. I don’t typically use a cream shadows, but I was impressed with how silky this one felt and how easily it applied. The Moon Glow Shimmer Stick is the same shimmery shadow but in a crayon form. The crayon works great as an eyeliner to give you an instant smoky eye with little or no blending required.
My lashes aren’t especially long or especially thick so I’m pretty pumped about the Fake Lash Mascara. It actually did plump up my lashes and didn’t flake. If you’re feeling a bit adventurous, it also comes in electric blue!
No matter what fall trend you decide to try, Femme Couture’s variety of shades and formulas make it easy to achieve.