Jun 9th, 14
On your wedding day you want everything to be perfect – your shoes, your flowers, your dress but most importantly your hair. You would trade a year of bad hair days for just one great one today. After all it’s the day when all eyes are on you.
Six months out:
Six months before the big day schedule a consultation with your stylist for your hair’s state of the union. They can tell you if your hair is on the right track and give you some good pointers.
Are you happy with your color? If not, do a little experimenting since you have some time. Demi-permanent colors are great for this since they do not contain ammonia, won’t damage hair and only deposit color. They last about four to six weeks so you can try a few before settling on the one that compliments your features the best. Ion Color Brilliance carries a clear demi-permanent for those that like their color but want to add extra shine.
Three months out:
Moisture is the key to good-looking hair, so start a weekly conditioning treatment at this point. Test out a few different products to find one that is right for your specific hair type. Dry hair will need a heavier deep conditioner while those with oily hair might want to opt for a light leave-in conditioner like Mystic Divine Leave-in Conditioner.
Four to six weeks out:
Four to six weeks before the wedding, hold a hair style dress rehearsal. Bring along any headpieces or embellishments you are planning to use to get the full effect. Once the style is complete, take it on a test drive to see how it holds up. You won’t be spending the entire wedding sitting in a chair so you want to make sure the style will still be looking fabulous after hugging all of those relatives and living it up on the dance floor.
Two weeks out:
For hair that looks fresh without looking too newly done, add color or highlights two weeks before the wedding. To keep color looking vibrant, replace your normal shampoo and conditioner with something specifically formulated for color treated hair. Ion Color Defense has a complete line to help extend and protect hair color.
Mar 28th, 14
Contouring is a makeup technique used to accentuate your best features while minimizing flaws. The light foundation makes features pop, while the darker makes them look smaller. Follow our steps to complete this look!
Products needed for this look:
1. Start with a clean face.
2. Using a foundation brush, apply the light shade of foundation in the following areas:
- Under the eye
- Above the brow
- Down the bridge of nose
- On Chin and Fore Head
3. Using a separate foundation brush, apply the darker shade of foundation to the following areas:
- Outer perimeters of face
- Under cheek bones
- Sides of nose
4. Using the Duo Fibre, buff out darker areas using a circular motion. Buff the color along the hairline and past the jawline to diffuse any hard lines.
5. Use a sponge to blend the light areas into the dark. Rock the sponge back and forth where the 2 colors meet for a flawless finish.
6. Add blush and finish with translucent powder to set.
Feb 26th, 14
There are several methods to achieve long hair, but few people know the benefits of tape-in hair extensions. Tape-in extensions are great for getting you through a bad haircut, add density to fine hair or add length for a special occasion. Not to mention long locks are an instant confidence booster.
Benefits of Tape-In Hair Extensions:
- Seamless – Lay flat against your scalp for a more smooth look
- Undetectable – Less noticeable when you wear ponytails, are more active or when the wind blows
- Long-Lasting – Semi-permanent so once they’re installed, they can last for up to 8 weeks Lightweight – This is especially important for thinning or fine hair
- Re-usable – You can remove and reapply the same set several times
We recommend trying Satin Strands Premium 100% Remy Human Hair Tape-In Extensions. You can shampoo, curl, flat iron, wear a pony tail and even color them while they maintain silky smooth. Like any hair extension, we recommend having them installed by a professional stylist.
Enter our giveaway for your chance to win a Stain Strands prize package valued over $300! This contest has ended.
Check out our hair extensions board on Pinterest:
Follow Sally Beauty’s board Hair | Extensions on Pinterest.