Feb 6th, 13
Don’t you love those beach waves that all of the celebrities are wearing on the red carpet this season? I know I do! The problem is, I had no idea how they created them.
I tried curling iron after curling iron, and never got that perfectly imperfect curl that they had. Then I tried the Plugged In Vintage Glamour Bubble Wand. Not only is this one of the easiest to use curling tools out there, I finally created those perfect beach waves!
All you do is clip the end of a 1” section under the heated clip and curl your hair up. The bubble wand does the rest! Now we can all look like a celebrity.
Jan 11th, 13
I’m a major fall/winter girl and love nothing more than that first crisp autumn day, but this year I’m already craving all things spring. Which is obviously a problem since it’s only January! I may have a long way to go until I can break out bare legs and flirty skirts, but for now I’m dreaming about spring and fun beauty trends.
There are lots of great trends that we’ll be exploring during the upcoming Fridays, but I thought I’d throw out a few today and see what you think. Some like strong brows have been around for awhile, but with all the crazy colors that have been super popular, I was a little surprised to see nude, pale pinks and white nails on the radar.
What about you? What spring trends are you looking forward to? Anyone else suffering from spring fever?
Nov 16th, 11
I absolutely love the lace trend for fall, and have discovered the perfect hair style to pair with this romantic look. Think old school glamour and very feminine, lady-like style, like an old school beauty bombshell.
I thought it would be complicated to create, but as it turns out there is a tool to tackle this job. The Hot Shot Tools Deep Waver created the perfect waves very easily. Here is a short tutorial on how to do it:
- Separate a strand of hair 2-3 inch wide.
- Run a comb through the section to make sure there are no tangles.
- Take the iron and clamp the hair as close to the head as you can without touching the scalp.
- Hold it for about 15-20 seconds and unclamp.
- Do not slide the iron on the hair because then you will undo the beautiful waves.
- Continue along the section of hair until there is a wave pattern from the top of your head to the ends. It will take you a couple of sections to get the technique down but after a little practice the process will go by quickly.
- After it’s all done, use hair spray to set the waves. You can shake your head to give it a more natural look, or leave them alone to get a more defined wave pattern. Either way your hair will have super romantic, great looking style!
What’s your favorite hair style for fall?
Apr 1st, 11
There are so many great trends this spring that I couldn’t limit myself to the six I featured on Wednesday. Here are a few more of my very favorite looks of the season that I can’t wait to rock:
What’s not to love about a hairstyle that’s business in the front, party in the back?
Animal prints are in and what a better way to show off this trend than with leopard print hair?
The Snooki Pouff isn’t just for Jersey girls anymore!
Forget golden bronze skin, Oompa Loompa orange is the shade I plan to sport! I think it goes great with all the bright clothes we’re seeing stores, don’t you?
The bigger the better this spring, with 80s inspired hair!
Ladies, put down the tweezers and embrace that unibrow. It’s all about being natural this spring.
Image courtesy of BuyCostumes.com.
Mar 30th, 11
Are you a trend follower? I try to keep up on the latest styles, but not all of them are easy for me to follow. Some new trends are a piece of cake to adopt, like sporting the latest must-have polish shade, and others are a little scarier for me…like bangs. (I have a major cowlick issue, so the fear is warranted.)
I was reading a beauty trend report yesterday and it got me curious about how many people are in the same boat as me, and how many of you are more dedicated trendsters.
So, faithful readers. How many of these spring trends are you embracing? Which ones are a no go?
Jan 19th, 11
On Monday I asked you to vote for which Golden Globes looks were made of Solid Gold or Fool’s Gold. The results were mixed, but pretty much everyone agreed that the tornado inspired updo, with a net thrown in for kicks, was NOT the look of the night.
Here are the looks you did like and how to get them:
Look #1 – Berry lips, French twist with plenty of volume at the crown
- Palladio Lip Ink in Berry
- Good Hair Days Magic Grip Pins
- Ion Anti-frizz Rattail Comb
- So Gorgeous Volumizing Hair Spray
Look #2 – Flushed cheeks, peach lips, golden blonde hair
- Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent Hair Color in Very Light Golden Blonde
- Palladio Mosaic Bronzer in Pink Truffle
- Femme Couture Plump Up The Color in Nude Burst
- Clairol Shimmer Lights Shampoo
Look #3 – Girly updo, mega lashes, neutral lips
- Revlon Quick Clip 2 Shag
- Real Colors Lip Fury Lip Gloss
- Ardell Fashion Lashes #101 Demi
- Sta-Rite Hair Pins
Jan 5th, 11
The results are in!
Once again, the Sally Beauty Supply Best Tressed® annual survey names top celebrity styles – and those that fell short of fabulous.
Lady Gaga’s over-the-top hair styles were voted least favorite for the second year in a row. This year’s survey found that women love the luscious locks of songstress and American Idol Judge Jennifer Lopez. Tom Selleck rose to the top of the pack in the men’s category, while David Hasselhoff’s retro ‘do was rated as the worst. Halle Berry’s hot-mom hairstyle was overwhelmingly voted the best of the nominees in the pixie cut category.
The Top 3 in Each Category
Best Hairstyle in 2010 (Female) Best Hairstyle in 2010 (Male)
1. Jennifer Lopez 1. Tom Selleck
2. Beyonce’ Knowles 2. Ryan Reynolds
3. Katy Perry 3. Justin Bieber
Worst Hairstyle in 2010 (Female) Worst Hairstyle in 2010 (Male)
1. Lady Gaga 1. David Hasselhoff
2. Dolly Parton 2. Brett Michaels
3. Miley Cyrus 3. DJ Pauly D
The Sally Beauty Supply Best Tressed® Survey polled results from 1,000 women and was conducted by MarketTools, Inc. The survey ran from December 13, 2010 to December 16, 2010.
What do you think? Do you agree with the results? Let us know in the comments!
Dec 10th, 10
Yesterday, Pantone LLC announced their pick for 2011′s Color of the Year. The winner is – drum roll please – Honeysuckle!
What do you think? Are you a fan of this hot pink hue? To me it’s little more flattering for most than say, 2009′s Mimosa. I know I plan on trying to incorporate more pretty pinks and bright berries into my look. What about you?
I already have plenty of these colors in my wardrobe but my beauty arsenal is lacking in the Honeysuckle color family, so it looks like I need to do some shopping! :-) Here are my picks:
1. Beyond the Zone Color Jamz Party Time Pink
2. Palladio Tinted Lip Balm in Rosey
3. FingerPaints in Steal My Beating Art
4. Femme Couture Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in Blush Melon
5. Sally Girl Mini Squeeze Tube Lip Gloss in Pink
6. Femme Couture Baked Eyeshadow in Pinkini
Image courtesy of Pantone LLC