Jun 26th, 13
I like the idea of sunless tanners, but after too many bad experiences with streaks, blotchiness and random shades of orange, I gave up and embraced my pale self. At least, I did until I saw the new products from Tanwise and couldn’t help but try them out. The results have changed my thinking because the result was a dark, natural color and no streaks!
These are the new additions:
- Dark Bronzing Sunless Mousse is a great alternative to regular tanning lotions. The mousse goes on easy for streak-free dark color that really lasts! Black bronzers give an instant dark color.
- Self-Tanning Face Gel is perfect for your face. This gel formula gives an instant bronze color and develops over time into a nice golden color.
- Pre-Tan Body Scrub exfoliates for a smoother, more even application (read: less streaks) and since it is formulated to be used before tanning it doesn’t leave a greasy residue like other body scrubs.
- Tan Remover helps to remove color from the places that end up being a little darker than the rest. You know the spots: knees, elbows, and palms. The new Tan Remover can be used within one hour of applying tanner to remove excess color, and help even your tan out!
- Bronzing Oil is a nourishing body oil that gives an instant rich bronze glow! Use it for a subtle sheen that’s perfect for day or night! This moisturizing formula can be layered for sheer or dark coverage and it washes off easily (but doesn’t rub off on your clothes).
These new products make it easy to have the perfect summer bronze without the sun!
May 6th, 13
If you’re looking to get a deep rich tan for summer, Zero to Sexy has a few new products to help! First, they have three new lotions for tanning:
Argan Dark Bronzing Tanning Lotion provides a rich shade of bronze while exotic Argan Oil of Morocco conditions your skin.
Leg Bronzer Dark Tanning Lotion for Legs has lavish bronzers that add an extra kick of darkness to your glimmering silky-soft skin. This divine color leaves legs looking longer, slimmer, and more irresistible than ever!
Coming later this summer, the Firming Bronzing Tanning Lotion helps achieve a beautiful tan while a unique soy blend and moisturizers firm and tighten the appearance of your skin.
And for those who want to help extend the length of their tan, or don’t want to use a tanning bed, the new Tan Extender is perfect! This versatile moisturizer can be used to extend your tan, provide a hint of color, and condition and hydrate your skin to keep it soft and supple. This product is for use in between tanning sessions.
How do you like to get bronze for summer?
Apr 4th, 12
Spring is here and bears aren’t the only thing coming out of hibernation – skin that has spent the winter hiding under a layers of clothes is also making an appearance. Am I the only one feeling a bit pasty? I didn’t think so.
Now that I’m older and (slightly) wiser, I prefer that my tan come in a bottle. Self-tanners have come a LONG way from the messy orange goop of yesteryear and are much easier to use, but there are still some tips and tricks that will help you avoid any tanning mishaps. Learn from my mistakes, people! =)
1. Decide which type of self-tanner you prefer. There are so many possibilities, from sprays to lotions to mitts. I like to use a spray that contains bronzer, so I can see where I’ve applied the product, but it depends on your personal preference. It might take some experimenting before you figure out what you like best.
2. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Remember that skin that’s been hibernating all winter? It’s not only pasty, but it’s dry. Slough that skin away before tanning to avoid unevenness.
3. Elbows, knees and ankles are magnets for tanning product, and can take your self-tan from natural to WHOA, FAKE BAKE in a flash. So, I always smooth a layer of regular body lotion over these spots before applying the tanner. The lotion acts as a barrier so I don’t end up with orange ankles.
4. I like to wear gloves while I apply tanner. It saves me from worrying about orange palms, but be sure to put tanner on the tops of your hands when you finish to avoid looking like you are wearing permanent white gloves. If you don’t wear gloves, scrub your hands well once you’re finished!
What about you? Do you use self-tanner? Have any good tips? Ever had any crazy mishaps?