As summer begins to wind down and September takes over, it’s time to start thinking about transitioning both your wardrobe and your beauty look to fall.
While summer is often all about brights, autumn is the perfect time to embrace deeper, richer colors. Here at Sally Beauty, we’re taking our cues from Pantone’s color of the year, gorgeous Radiant Orchid, and integrating splashes of every imaginable shade of purple from our lips to our tips. Purple can be demure, bold or anywhere inbetween and, best of all, it’s universally flattering!
Here are 10 easy ways to incorporate purple into your seasonal beauty refresh:
MAKEUP = 10…9…8…
- Try experimenting with colored eye liner. Purple complements brown, blue or green eyes beautifully! We love Femme Couture’s Glitter Eye Pencil in Purple. Try a hint of color between lashes or a full on, runway-inspired cat eye.
- With four shades of silky smooth shadows, the Palladio Eye Shadow Quad in Spellbound has purples perfect for day or night. Customized by a team of makeup artists, try each color solo or blend for a more artful smoky eye.
- A bold purple lip isn’t for the faint of heart. Make a statement with the new Femme Couture Shiny Color Crayon in Divine Wine. Easy to apply and we love the glossy, moisturizing formula.
NAILS = 7…6…
- There are almost too many purple polishes to love this fall. For an office-friendly, feminine splash of color, we recommend OPI Nail Lacquer in Do You Lilac It while dark, vampy Lincoln Park After Dark is perfect for date night.
HAIR = 5…4…3…2…1!
- Celebrities from Katy Perry to Nicole Richie have gone wild for purple hair – it’s one of the biggest trends at the moment! But if a playful hint of color is more your speed, we’ve got you covered. Pick up a pack of DCNL Colored Bobby Pins or Sassy Colors Clip in Hair in Purple – both are low commitment, with no chemicals or ime-consuming visits to the salon required.
- If you’re feeling bold on the other hand, Ion Color Brilliance Brights Semi-Permanent Hair Color in Purple or Clairol Professional FLARE Permanent Cream Hair Color in Dark Violet (exclusive to Sally Beauty!) deliver brilliantly intense color with the bonus of healthy, glossy locks - just be sure to use a color-safe shampoo with either to preserve your color for as long as possible.
- Purple hair is admittedly not for everyone – if you’re a classicist when it comes to your mane, pick up a bright new hair tool. The Spirit Mini Purple Flat Iron marries style and substance. It’s portable and perfect for travel with Tourmaline-infused Ceramic Plates which heat up quickly and won’t damage hair. We’re keeping this one tucked in our desks for end-of-day touch ups.
For more, follow our Fall 2014 Color Inspiration board on Pinterest!