Aug 19th, 13
I am so excited to show you our latest collection – A Pair Affair by All Lacquered Up. Sally Beauty had the great pleasure of working with Michelle Mismas on this collection, and I think you will love these duos:
Our Tips are Tealed & Bare No Secrets
Sage It Ain’t So & A Grape Catch
You Yacht To Know Better & Sarong So Right
Here’s what Michelle has to say about the collection, “When it comes to nail color, I’ve never been a matchy-matchy person. I figure life is too short and I have too many nail polishes to wear just one shade at a time. So with this collection, I wanted to create three sets of on-trend duos that work for mani-pedi combinations, multi-colored manicures and nail art. The nail polishes and names represent my love of color and playful sense of humor.”
They can of course be worn separately, but I think the way they pair together for nail art and accent nails is fabulous.
Check them out and let us know which one is your favorite duo!
Mar 20th, 13
Have you tried the new FingerPaints Soak off Gel Polish? I’m in LOVE with the color selection and how long it lasts! Goodbye chips!
For my latest gel polish manicure, I wanted to mix things up with a simple nail art design. Here’s how to do it:
1. Prep nails by washing them thoroughly, and buff with a 180 buffer to remove shine. Push back cuticles with a plastic pusher and wipe nails with FingerPaints Gel Polish Soak-Off Gel Cleanser to remove oils and dust.
2. Apply FingerPaints Gel Polish Chip-Free Bonder to the tips of your nails. Skip this step if you’re doing a pedicure.
3. Apply a thin layer of FingerPaints Gel Polish Soak-Off Base Coat to fingers and cure in the LED lamp for 30 seconds.
4. Thin layers are the key to success with gel polish, so make sure all your layers are nice and light! Apply a layer of the pink gel polish and cure in the lamp for 30 seconds. Apply a second layer of the pink and cure for an additional 30 seconds.
5. Apply the orange polish at an angle to the tips of your nails and cure for 30 seconds in the LED lamp.
6. Then using the FingerPaints Gel Polish Soak-Off Top Coat, apply a thin layer and cure for 30 seconds. The top layer will be a little sticky, so remove that using the FingerPaints Gel Polish Soak-Off Gel Cleanser on a lint-free pad.
7. Lastly, massage a generous amount of FingerPaints Gel Polish Cuticle Oil to your cuticles. Use this daily to keep your manicure looking fresh.
Have you tried the new gel polish yet? What do you think?
Feb 27th, 13
Colors from left to right:
Owlin’ At the Moon
Fishin’ For Fun
Are You Hoppy?
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Hoppy Go Lucky
The FingerPaints Wild About Spring collection is in stores March through April. They retail for $5.29 each. Which one will you be wearing this spring?
Jan 23rd, 13
Have you tried the new FingerPaints Candy Coated collection? I love how it looks with a full nail of beads, but I thought I’d mix it up and try doing a few patterns with the beads. The trick to this is nail glue. It really helps the beads stick in the pattern. I also found using tweezers to manipulate the beads was helpful.
These are a few designs I came up with that you can try at home, along with the classic all over bead look. We’d love to see any of your designs, so feel free to upload your pictures to our Sally Beauty Facebook.
Nov 7th, 12
Check out the new FingerPaints collection – Holiday of Wonders! It’s in stores now through the end of December, and retails for $5.29.
Which one will you be wearing this holiday season?
Hollydazzle, Midnight Sleigh Ride, Merry Mistletoe, Santa’s Magic, Sparkle and Snowflake, Elves Bells.
Jul 23rd, 12
It might be hard to believe that this oppressive heat will ever go away, but fall will be here before we know it!
To celebrate the coming of cooler weather, I wanted to share the new FingerPaints Fall Collection – Fall of Surprises. It will be in stores starting in August!
What color will you be sporting?
Fall Of Surprises! (copper glitter)
Fall-ing For You (teal/blue)
Plum Startled (purple)
Gourd Or Bad? (bar multi glitter)
Be-leaf It Or Not! (sage)
Take It Or Leaf It (taupe)
Feb 29th, 12
The FingerPaints spring collection, Gumdrops and Lollipops, is in stores tomorrow and already available online! Will you be sporting these candylicious colors this season?
Dec 2nd, 11
Growing up my sister always had an angel food cake with funfetti frosting for her birthday. That creamy, color-flecked frosting was so delicious it almost made up for the fact that someone was getting presents and that someone wasn’t me. I’m the baby of the family, what can I say?
Those birthday memories plus the fact that I’m slightly obsessed with all things sparkly at the moment, makes the limited edition FingerPaints Fun-Fetti (available exclusively at SallyBeauty.com) my new favorite thing.
It’s a densely packed multi-color glitter in a clear base that looks fabulous on its own, or layered over a polish of your choice. I usually wear it on a bare nail, but for New Year’s Eve I plan on layering it over gold polish to up the sparkle factor. You can never have too much bling, am I right?
Are you planning on rocking the sparkly nail this New Year’s Eve? Any fellow funfetti frosting devotees out there?
Nov 2nd, 11
The FingerPaints holiday collection, Merry & Bright, is now in stores and available online!
Will you be sporting these bright, cheery colors this holiday season?