BeLissPRO Curl Genius

curl geniusWe’ve received several great questions about the new BeLissPRO® Curl Genius Professional Curl Machine, so we thought we’d put together a handy dandy list of Frequently Asked Questions. If we missed yours, please leave a comment and we’ll be sure to address it!

Q: What is the BeLissPRO® Curl Genius Professional Curl Machine?

A: This tool gives you a revolutionary way to create curls! It creates perfect curls one after another by drawing the hair strand into its titanium curl chamber automatically. Once the hair is inside, it is held, heated and perfectly timed according to your preferred time/temperature settings.

Q: What type of hair textures can you use this tool on?

A:  The Curl Genius can be used on any type of real hair, whether it is your natural hair or is attached with extensions. DO NOT use with synthetic hair of any kind.

Q: Do you have to straighten your hair before using?

A: It is not necessary to straighten your hair before using the Curl Genius.

Q: Will my hair get stuck?

A: Always follow the instructions that the Curl Genius comes with and your hair will not get stuck.
If, for any reason, too much hair is drawn into the curling chamber; there is no need to worry because the Curl Genius is smart! The machine will stop and the curling motor will reverse the hair out; simply re-do with a narrower section of hair.

Another tip – it always helps (especially with wavy hair) to comb through the section of hair before placing it in the curling chamber.

Q: What are the temperature settings?

A: It has two heat settings – 390°F/430°F

Q: What is the difference between the three curl settings?

A: The 8, 10, 12 second settings give you different curl effects.

-Use less time and/or lower heat for fine hair; more time/higher heat for thicker, textured hair.

-More time/higher heat will give you the boldest, longest-lasting curls

Dorathy

• Kiss & Make-up

September 2nd, 2013

How interesting! Thanks for the info.

• Jae

September 13th, 2013

I used it and it was a disaster! My hair instantly got stuck. I don’t advise buying this worthless piece of equipment.

• danielle

October 29th, 2013

which direction does the hair curl? if it only curls in one direction does that mean one side of your head the curls will be away from your face and the other side they will be going towards your face?

• Maria

November 1st, 2013

Awesome!!! I love it!!!!! I have used this now for over a month! My favourite tool and have got a money’s worth out of it already

• Sandy Gross

December 10th, 2013

This needs to be recalled! Just filed a report with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commssion after my hair got stuck in the Curl Genius and I had to cut off 8 inches of my hair! It should be named Curl Idiot!!

• Kelli

February 10th, 2014

It works great! Yea your hair gets stuck every so often but as long as you turn it off right away and manually twirl your hair out of it, its no problem. But I still use it everyday with my longer then shoulder length hair.

• Wendey

March 3rd, 2014

My daughters hair did get stuck. It didn’t reverse it and we had to cut it out. 3 inches of hair was stuck in it!

• Nancy

March 3rd, 2014

This thing kept getting caught in my hair and pulling it. Don’t waste your money!! It did nothing but tangle my hair. Waste of time and money!!