I kept thinking to myself, if only there was an extension with the convenience of a clip-in with the permanence of a weave. And guess what I found at my local Sally Beauty Supply? Satin Strands Tape-In Extensions!
The most exciting part is they have four new colors- Monaco, Capri, Sahara, and Riviera and these descriptions make me feel chic and exotic
I wasn’t familiar with this application method and was a little bit nervous about it, but the Sally Beauty store associate was so helpful and explained how easy it actually was.
Here are my suggestions below:
- First, part hair in sections where you want to add the extension.
- Peel strip off of the tape adhesive. Place tape-in hair under a .25 inch section of hair, with adhesive side up. DO NOT APPLY DIRECTLY ON SCALP.
- Smooth hair onto sticky side of tape-in hair extension.
- Take another piece of tape-in hair and place it directly over the bottom piece, “sandwiching” your hair between both pieces of tape-in hair. Firmly press the tapes together with your fingers.
- Repeat these simple steps throughout your hair as necessary to achieve length, volume or color accents.
Removing the tape extensions are super easy, and usually doesn’t take very long. You’ll need cotton pads and a bottle of hair extension adhesive bond remover. I like using the oil bond remover for extensions.
Just two easy steps to remove:
- Apply a generous amount of bond remover to cotton pad, and soak the adhesive on both pieces of hair until the bond softens.
- Gently peel the tape bond away from hair. Be careful not to apply too much pressure, as this could damage your hair. If the extension cannot be easily removed just repeat step one above.
I worried about the tape not being sticky enough, but that is definitely not the case. Sally Beauty also sells replacement tape to use if you want to reapply. It looks very simple to use also.
I really love that I don’t have to be worried about clips or links showing at my roots. Satin Strands 18” human hair tape extensions are the most seamless extensions available at Sally Beauty Supply, and couldn’t be easier to use.