Hairtensity Hair Extensions

A product thumbnail of Hairtensity 100% Human & Premium Blend Hair 10" #1 Jet BlackI have been a lover of hair extensions for quite a while now, and let me be honest- I long for a hair extension of great quality without the price tag. I think I found my answer with the new human hair and premium fiber hair extension blend called Hairtensity.

What makes Hairtensity so unique is it is human hair, but has premium synthetic fibers blended. This lowers the overall cost without sacrificing the quality of the hair. The premium synthetic fibers behave like human hair and hold a great curl when using heat tools with the recommended heat setting of 340° degrees.

The texture is really soft, and shiny enough to look natural and blends in great with naturally straight or relaxed hair. With the proper care, I was able to wear this hair a lot longer than synthetic only hair, and I experienced less tangling.

The wide range of lengths made it easy to find exactly what I was looking for and the prices were even better! The 8” hair retails around $10, which is cheap enough to use for a weekend and toss. Even the twenty-two inch hair won’t break the bank. It retails in the $50 range!

I saved a few more dollars by buying different lengths to achieve a layered look without getting it cut by a professional. The color selections were very natural and easy to match to my hair. I can’t wait to try different lengths to mix up my hairstyle in the future!

• Kaite

February 10th, 2013

R they able to be colored?

• Sydney

February 13th, 2013

I read the description on the sally’s website where I found this hair at and it read, “Do Not Use Color On This Product.” Here is the link if you want to check it out for yourself! http://www.sallybeauty.com/hairtensity-hair-extensions/HARTEN03,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

• Rebekah

February 19th, 2013

i went to the link and i didnt see where it says not to use color

• Lindsey

February 19th, 2013

Hi Rebekah! At the bottom of the product description is says this: “DO NOT COLOR, TINT, BLEACH, PERM OR CHEMICALLY ALTER THE HAIR EXTENSION IN ANY WAY. ”

Thanks!

• Ciara

March 27th, 2013

In one 8 inch pack is there enough for the bottom layer of hair and are they clip ins?

• Vanessa

March 30th, 2013

How do i apply them

• Brooke

March 31st, 2013

How many pieces come in a package. &how many would you need to cover a head..

• becky

April 1st, 2013

I just got these this weekend and love them, got the 8 inches one, just curious on how to curl them and have themhold the curl cause we tried but it just fell out thank you Becky

• Hilary

April 5th, 2013

I got these for my wedding and two days later they feel like straw on the ends… How do you care for that?

• Helln

April 15th, 2013

My feels like straw and dry……how do u care for it to get it feel and shape back again just like when u brought?????? U telling me this hair last 2 weeks??

• Shanice

April 30th, 2013

Can you bleach or dye these tracks

• Jamie

June 3rd, 2013

Yes these an be colored to those wondering.
    i dyed a full rainbow in sections of mine using manic panic hair dye. I let the color sit for an hour and lightly rinsed them in cold water.

• rachel

June 5th, 2013

These extensions are horrible ive had mine in for four days and they feel like crap i use oil leave in conditioner braid them at night and i used a three barreler on them one time at low setting and they are dryer then heck is it the product or am i just missing something here

• ella bonine

June 12th, 2013

better not to color it anyway…

sydney hair extensions

• Jill

June 18th, 2013

As with any hair extensions, you should use only salon quality shampoo and conditioner, sulfate-free is best. If you can handle it, don’t wash everyday. I would not color these extensions with any color other than semi-permanent, meaning you could only deposit darker color onto lighter extensions. I have had them in my hair now for three days, and I am very happy with them. I got the 16″ extensions and put them in on wefts with micro fusion link beads. I have not attempted to curl them yet, but have used my flat iron on my natural hair and gone over the extensions as well, and they are still in great condition. I also use Redken Diamond Oil on my extensions and natural hair. Extensions do not receive natural oils from your scalp, so it is essential that you apply oils to the ends if the extensions to maintain moisture or they will get extremely dry. I am extremely pleased with the amount of hair in the package and the quality for the price! I will definitely buy this product again and recommend to my clients.

• Melissa

August 12th, 2013

I bought these today and used clip ins I had as a guideline on where to cut the wefts. The hair is thin so I cut double the pieces and sewed them together and taped them in using wig tape to try and cut down on the damaged to my natural hair. I did curl them using lie heat and my ends are fine I have them in brown. I do wish I had a tighter curl but fur the $29.99 that they were I can’t really complain

• Dana

August 26th, 2013

^^^ they come in a super long weft that you cut(and I suppose they may have some with clips but I bought clips) and manually sew the clips on the pieces. It takes a little while but it’s worth saving the money. You’re not supposed to curl them because they can get frizzy (as mentioned above) but they have methods to curl and straighten them without heat. (Look them up on YouTube/Pinterest) don’t wear them at night. and don’t wash them everyday. They don’t get oily like our normal hair does so just deep condition them once every week or so. Don’t buy these if your gonna be heavily curling them everyday. I purchased my 18″ extensions because I’m trying to grow my hair out so I’ve stopped using heat products but I want long hair now so these are just until I grow my hair out. you get what you pay for and for the price And amount of hair you get (a crap ton of hair) this is a good deal for me but not for a constant heat product user

• Nessa

January 14th, 2014

ABOUT CARE FOR THESE EXTENSIONS: I’ve bought these extensions twice in the last year and a half almost. Honestly, you can’t use anything above 370 degrees. In order for them to retain the softness at the ends where it tends to curl up on every single end and tangles horribly plus it feels like absolute crap and looks stringy, you have brush them out gently with a denman or some kind of good bristle brush and then turn your flat iron on to a medium heat setting, take a heat resistant fine-tooth comb with the small spaced side, start where it begins to look like crap and place the flat iron above the bomb and hold the flat iron as close to the comb as you can and slide the comb and flat iron down the hair from the worst part to the ends and this will completely smooth all the strands of the hair. You have to do it every single 3 days about and it may sound like a lot of maintenance, but for 50 dollars and it being a synthetic blend, it pretty amazing that just by doing that, they can last up to 8 months. YOU MAY NOTICE the hair looks like it creates a mini wave if this is your first time doing this to them or first time trying to flat iron them after you have washed them, totally normal. If you go over with the comb and flat iron 2-3 times and keeping your hair fairly tight in the flat iron when pulling down, will allow these small waves to go away completely and the ends of the hair will be super smooth, almost like the first few days you wore them after you bought them, but after that first wash, extensions never feel the same again, it’s your job to keep them that way. I wash mine very carefully with warm/hot water to keep that wave from happening and causing them to tangle every one to two months. I use a keratin shampoo and conditioner and use the same styling products in these extensions as I do my own hair and they always look amazing and I get compliments on my hair every day. CURLING You have to make sure you flat ironed these extensions, or at least so their ends are smooth, but you can only do this with the flat iron AND comb, a brush will not work and a wide-tooth comb will NEVER work. I’ve tried and they look like crap and feel terrible. But curling, haha, you have to smooth the ends and put a heat protector in it and maybe some smoothing anything and then setting your curling iron about 1/4 away from the hottest point should work, about 350 is good, maybe a little hotter, but remember not to go over 370 degrees, you wrap the hair around the curling iron and count slowly to 6 or 7, release the curl so it is a ringlet, hold the curl together and blow on it to cool it and leave it. Do this will all of your extensions in 1/4-1/2 inch sections with a 1 inch curling iron, curling away from your face(or whatever you prefer), and then brush out. They’ll be tight for the first half hour, but if you brush them out every half hour to an hour, they start to soften and stay that way for about 3 or 4 days and to keep them this way all you have to do is smooth the ends and wrap the hair around your curling iron again and bam, you have celebrity style hair. I used to spend 500 dollars or more on hair extensions I have always done myself and these have been my favorite so far. They stay thick and long and are always shiny, but only because I take care of them. I hope this helped someone :) Thank you! P.S. I’m going to try coloring mine in the next few days from platinum to red, I’ll let everyone know how it turns out.

• lace front human hair wigs

February 13th, 2014

I will right away snatch your rss as I can’t find your email
    subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any?
    Please let me realize in order that I may just subscribe.
    Thanks.