Ion Color Brilliance Mochas

Mid-summer is just about the time when we start to crave the new—-a new outfit, a new nail shade and a new hair color. So, if you’re blonde, you might start thinking about going a little darker as we move toward fall, and if you’re a brunette, you might want to opt for a spicier or richer shade.

It just so happens that the new Mochas from Ion Color Brilliance answer both of these desires. The collection includes five shades, all with hints of warm spice and exotic reds and golds. If you are a summer blonde (level 8), the Light Gold Mahogany Blonde provides the perfect update.  Medium browns (level 4) will love a rich upgrade from Medium Gold Mahogany Brown.

But fabulous color isn’t the only reason to try this new collection. Ion Mochas have a new PPD-free formula, enriched with exotic Pequi and Argan oils—the hottest ingredients in hair care—to help strengthen hair as they protect the color for greater longevity. As with all Ion hair color, you’ll love the silky texture and lustrous shine.

Salon pros are already giving this new collection rave reviews, so check it out!

• Donna

November 27th, 2012

Will there be a shade to match/replace the Ion Dark Brown Brilliance cream that I am presently using? Seems the medium brown mocha might be too light.

• BECKY

December 27th, 2012

iM HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING DYE WITH PPD FREE !!!! tHANK U SO MUCH ABOUT CAN YOU MAKE MORE COLORS THANK YOU !!! PS YOUARE THE ONLY ONES I HAVE FOUND WITH THE PPD FREE DYES BY THE WAY !!!!

• BECKY

December 27th, 2012

I’M HAVE A HARD TIME FINDING DYE WITH PPD FREE !!!! tHANK U SO MUCH BUT CAN YOU MAKE MORE COLORS THANK YOU !!! PS YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES I HAVE FOUND WITH THE PPD FREE DYES BY THE WAY !!!!

• Lavinia

December 30th, 2012

I am allergic to ppd and would like to know what ingredient is used in your hair dye to replace the ppd. Can you please provide a detailed ingredient list?

Thank you!

• T.Gomez

March 31st, 2013

Please check the ingredients carefully, it still has PPD in it. I had an allergic reaction to the PPD free and then double checked and sure enough, PPD was still on the list of ingredients on the back!!

• Lacea

May 30th, 2013

I just wanted to make everyone aware that even if you think you are allergic to PPD, and you are using a PPD Free color, YOU STILL NEED TO DO A PATCH TEST. I have a very severe allergy to hair color, always thought it was the PPD. I was so excited when I found PPD Free color at Sally’s! But I always do a patch test, unless I’ve used the exact color and brand before, so I still did one and still had a reaction. :(

• Bianca Sharp

June 17th, 2013

Unfortunately, still had a pretty bad reaction to this once it wasn’t on my scalp. Did a patch test without any problems but once it went on my head, hours later the itching and swelling began. Turns out, it’s not really ppd free; the ingredient that replaces ppd is towline 2,5 diamine sulfate, which is a derivative of ppd. So, if have a ppd allergy, you are almost guaranteed to be sensitive to tds. Wish I knew that before I had to go to the dr for prednisone :(

• Katie Schaefer

February 24th, 2014

Purchased ion Color Brilliance for the first time and unfortunately had an allergic reaction. Hives on face, swollen lips and tongue. I’ve never had an allergic reaction to anything before, so it was scary. Been coloring my hair for many years and the one ingredient that has never been in any other hair dye I’ve used before is the Toluene-2.5 Diamine Sulfate.

• Lisa

March 5th, 2014

Could you mix the mocha shades with the permanent Ion color brilliance shades, say the light gold mahogany blonde with a medium neutral blonde to tone down the red and gold some and to bring it to a lighter color?