1. I thought it would be fun to layer two similar colors for a little dimension and interest. The winners? Fuschia and Purple! Since the model’s hair already had highlights, I was able to skip the pre-lightening step.
2. I wanted a subtle peek-a-boo highlight, so I picked a spot about halfway down her head, close to her ear, and sectioned it off.
3. Using a pintail comb, I took a small 1/8 inch section, and painted on the purplecolor. Then I wrapped it up all nice and snug in foil to keep it from bleeding into the fuschia and the rest of her hair.
4. I repeated Step 3 with the fushcia.
6. After 30 minutes of processing, we had funky and fun colorful highlights. You could definitely add more sections of color if you wanted a bolder look, or even color your whole head. It’s totally up to you!