Gelish – Not just for naked nails!

A product thumbnail of Gelish Tiger BlossomAs Gelish Polish becomes the new craze for those with natural nails, acrylic fans need not be left behind!

Contrary to popular belief, you CAN put Gelish over acrylic nails. In fact, it actually allows you to leave the salon with complete confidence that your new nail color will not get smudged or nicked, as Gelish Polish dries under a UV light in 2 minutes flat!

Nothing is more frustrating than leaving a salon and having to be careful with every move you make for the next hour until your regular polish dries. Who has time for that?

So, acrylic lovers, now you know.

Scrap the regular polish and join the Gelish revolution!

Have you tried Gelish yet? Tell us about your experience in the comments!

• barb

August 4th, 2011

Question: how do you remove gelish from acrylics without ruining the acrylic?

• Kathy

October 16th, 2011

I LOVE Gelish !!! It has given my nails that little extra protection inorder for them to grow longer than I can without the product. It is very easy to apply and remove.
    Hint : Do not use the product “Whitening Soak” that helps whiten your nails prior to applying the Gelish product as it leaves a slippery film. The whitening soak is a great product but you really have to make sure that it has all been removed prior to using Gelish products.

• Nails By Lori

October 25th, 2011

I have always thought why couldn’t gelish go over acrylic. Matter of fact gelish should hold even better over an acrylic then a naked nail. I am going to start incorperating it into my services.

I won’t take the gels off until I see my client the next visit. and I think just drilling or buffing the gelish off is all you need to do to remove it. Just like Tammy Taylors uv clear coat that has to be removed with a drill or file. This is a great idea!

While we are sharring ideas…..I have found out through another nail tech that if you take the clearest gelish polish they make and mix even parts of gelish and nail polish you can come up with new gelish colors. No more buying all those colors no one wants more then once. and the great thing is your client can bring in their own color to turn into a gelish. Happy nailing

• Tracey

December 4th, 2012

How do you take off the gelish polish from acrylic nails without using 100% acetone which if used would also take off the acrylic?
    Any help would be great thanks x

• Sara

March 29th, 2013

To take off the gelish without removing the acrylic use a file and file it off.

• Laura

January 17th, 2014

How exactly do you apply the Gelish over acrylic nails?