All In The Family

As you know from previous posts, I love nail polish. Believe it or not, I don’t wear any polish on my fingers for various reasons… I work in the yard a lot, I love to garden, and I’m constantly testing product on my nails at work, whether it be a color or a treatment. But I always keep my toes polished.  Always.

I have a teenage son and he is very aware of my career and forcibly familiar with Sally Beauty stores. One spring a couple of years ago we made a trip about four hours south of home to go pick up our baby goose at a hatchery. Of course I had to stop at all the Sally Beauty stores along the way. He was annoyed, yet he retained all the information and reminds me to this day.

Anyway, I paint my toes in front of the television while we watch movies together. He’s always curious about what color I’m painting on my toes and always has an opinion on the color. Hmmm, I wonder where he gets that. Recently I applied one of the FingerPaints fall collection colors, Autumn Moonlight. He gave his thumbs up, so I’m good to go. It’s a great blue that looks nice with my fair skin, so I’ll keep it on for a little while.

Do any of your children help you pick out colors? What shades do they tend to favor?

• Susan

September 13th, 2010

My 3 year old son loves the color red. Just this weekend he demanded to know why my toe nails were purple and not red. He said that I need to paint them red again. Guess I need to visit Sally and pick up a bottle of FingerPaints Autumn Blaze. ; )

• mindy

September 13th, 2010

Susan, I love red too! You should definitely try the Autumn Blaze. Hurry because it’s selling like hot cakes!

• Jennifer

September 23rd, 2010

My 12 year old daughter is so into nails. Not only does she help pick out new colors to buy(this can be expensive) but she has discovered the little decals. We bought the one’s that look like fruit and (funny litle her) she puts them on with a pocket knife-seriously. I have to buy her one of the tools they sell so that she isn’t so terrifying when she does this.. She even does my toes..
    If nothing else we can agree on our polish and many times we match. We love Sally’s..

• Kelly

September 23rd, 2010

My son likes to not only pick out colors, he enjoys it when I paint designs on my toenails. In winter, I paint snowmen, holly, etc. In summer and spring I sometimes paint flowers!

• Michelle DiStefano

September 24th, 2010

I absolutely love the blues that Finger Paints have to offer and so does my daughter, we just bought Autumn Moonlight and winter’s Whisper and we are so happy to have it and are sharing both of them! My daughter and I seem to share the same taste in everything and especially finger nail polish so it’s always nice going to Sally’s to find something new that has come out. When we are together we like to get all the polishes out and figure out which color we are going to choose next and sometimes we even change up thing’s and do all of our nails all different colors because we can’t decide on which color we want to wear! This is actually only one way that my daughter and I can really share one on one time together as well because I am in a wheelchair and sick so I don’t get to see her much and when we do this is how we like to spend part of our time and have fun! So I can honestly say that Finger Paints polish has brought many times of laughter between my daughter and I and helped us to become a lot closer over the years so thank you for all the different colors and we hope to see a lot more in the future!

• Kelly Gillham

September 24th, 2010

I have three daughters and we all love to do our nails. We have many different colors from Sally’s from green to silver and many others in between. We all have a different favorite, but have a lot of fun on our girls night painting our fingernails and toenails. We love the Sally’s polish because it goes on smooth and is very long lasting. Thanks!