I flipped open my calendar the other day to see how long I had until my end of summer pool party when my eyes popped out of my head and made that cartoon “BOING” noise. Six weeks? Seriously, I only have six weeks to get ready to wear a bathing suit in front of a bunch of people? Yikes! It is definitely time to get myself to the gym.
Since I hadn’t been in awhile (a.k.a. forever), I needed to restock my gym bag with all my beauty essentials and make sure I was prepared to get physical. Every girl knows that just because you’re sweatin’ it up, it doesn’t mean you have an excuse to look anything less than fabulous.
Here’s what you’ll always find tucked in my bag right alongside my tennis shoes:
- Beyond The Zone Rock On Dry Shampoo is the ultimate time saver, especially when trying to fit a workout into an already hectic schedule. It refreshes, revives, and rejuvenates hair in a matter of minutes—no water or blow dryer required. I love the clean, citrusy scent.
- Looking a little shiny after a session on the treadmill? Palladio Rice Paper Powdered Blotting Tissues are unique, oil-absorbing two-sided, tissues that are made with natural rice, which is gentle for the skin and helps eliminate shine. The matte side is for blotting to absorb the excess oils and the powdered side is for finishing.
- It’s important to clean your face before AND after working out to prevent clogged pores and breakouts, so Beyond Belief Deep Cleansing Towelettes are a must. Plus, they’re perfectly portable!
- The uses for MetaGrip Premium Bob Pins are endless. Have bangs or short layers? Nothing is more distracting than having hair stuck to your face during a workout so use these to pin up any loose strands. After you finish your workout use them to create an easy updo. Just gather your hair into a low ponytail, twist into a simple bun, secure with bob pins, and voila, you have a style that works great for hair that’s not exactly at its cleanest.
- The Plugged In Mini Flat Iron’s small but mighty size is great for on-the-go beauty and won’t take up much room. It’s perfect for smoothing bangs and straightening hair at the nape of the neck where it tends to get a little wavy during a workout.
- Rubber bands can leave an indentation, so if you need to go from the gym to another event, be sure pull your hair up with a DCNL Hair Twister. They effectively secure hair without leaving that tell-tale ponytail line.